By Daniel Wilcock
This week Time magazine hosted a panel discussion called the Future of Mobility:The Wireless Revolution at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The other panelists, listed above, didn’t spend much time talking about the future. Yet they did come up with some curious observations. Here are eight of the best:
1. Duffy’s guess as to why Kalanick created Uber: “It was for swag.”
2. McHale: “There’s a dark side of technology.”
3. Ramsey: Hundreds of thousands of jobs created by the worldwide app marketplace are “one of the few good news stories about the economy.”
4. Chopra: “The blue button will empower patients.”
5. Coleman: Mobility technology has replaced the “proverbial well” where villagers would gather to exchange gossip.
6. Coleman: “We’re on the cusp of massive transformation” in Africa, thanks to undersea data cables.
7. Flannery: Speaking of Kiva: Only $1 million out of $350 million has been stolen.
8. Chopra: Wireless buy-in can be bipartisan.